1. Look at the packaging. Regular LED lamp strips will be packed with anti-static coil discs, usually 5 meters or 10 meters, and then sealed with anti-static moisture-proof packaging bags outside. The Shanzhai version of the LED lamp belt will use recycled coil tray because of cost savings, and then there is no anti-static and moisture-proof packaging bag. Looking carefully at the coil tray, you can see the marks and scratches left when the label is removed.
2. Look at the label. Regular LED lamps with packaging bags and reels will have printed labels on them, rather than printed labels. The label of the Shanzhai edition is printed, and the specifications and parameters are not uniform.
3. Look at the annex. Regular LED light belts will be packaged with instructions and specifications, and will also be equipped with LED light belt connectors or card holders; while the Shanzhai version of the LED light belt packaging box does not have these accessories, because they can save money.
4. Look at the solder joints. The regular LED lamp strip manufacturer produces the LED lamp strip by SMT patch process, solder paste and reflow soldering process. Therefore, the solder joints on the LED lamp band are relatively smooth and the solder quantity is not much. The solder joints extend from the FPC pad to the LED electrode in an arc shape. However, the solder joints of the Shanzhai LED lamp band are not uniform, and most of them are wrapped around the solder foot by a dot, and tin tips will appear to varying degrees, which is a typical phenomenon of manual welding.
Look at FPC quality. FPC is divided into copper coating and calendered copper. Copper foil coated with copper sheet is protruded. If you look closely, it can be seen from the joint of welding pad and FPC. The calendered copper is closely connected with FPC, and can bend arbitrarily without the phenomenon of pad dropping. If the copper clad plate bends too much, the pad will fall off, and if the temperature is too high during maintenance, the pad will fall off.
5. Look at the cleanliness of the surface of the LED lamp belt. If we use SMT technology to produce LED lamp strip, its surface cleanliness is very good, and there is no impurity and stain. However, no matter how to clean the surface of the Shanzhai LED strip produced by hand welding process, there will be stains and cleaning traces, and there will be flux and tin slag residues on the surface of FPC.